Tuesday, June 5, 2012

lemon-pepper chicken with a twist & fried brussel sprouts!!

   I love love love anything lemon-pepper its full of refreshing citrus flavor with a bit of a kick and I love it.  What I don't like are spices from a jar IF I can help it.  This recipes is made from fresh lemons and fresh grounded pepper!! 
     Like I have mentioned in earlier blogs I choose to eat and cook on the healthier side and It has taken much effort on my part to learn to cook healthy but keep it full of flavor....Now i know the word "Fried" is in my title but fear not I only use EVOO in my pan and that way I can enjoy something "fried" without feeling guilty....I keep the rice plain because it ends up soaking up all the great flavors from the chicken..

Lemon-pepper Chicken!!
Heres what you need.....

4-5 chicken Breast thawed
1-2 lemons depending on size
1 bag of thawed frozen brussels(I'm sure you could use fresh I just haven't yet)
1/2cp of freshly shredded Parmesan
1 1/2tbs of fresh ground pepper
EVOO

     Preheat Oven to 450*
       

    Juice 1 or both lemons and zest 1/2 of the remaining lemon and set aside.  In a medium bowl pour 1/2cp of EVOO, add the pepper and lemon juice/zest.  Whisk all ingredients together.


   Add chicken to the bowl and evenly coat with lemon-pepper mixture and place into a large casserole dish and cover with rest of the marinade.  Bake Chicken 25-30mins or until juices are clear.  remove and cover!!

     I use Boxed Instant white or Brown rice for its convenience...so just follow directions of what ever rice brand you use!!
 
     In a large frying pan heat 1cp of EVOO until it simmers when you place a wooden spoon into pan.  Add Brussels sprouts to pan (I use a very large pan, if you don't have that I would stagger brussels so they all cook evenly) cooked about 2mins, move them around and cook another 3-4mins until there golden!!

Remove from oil and place on a plate covered with a paper towel, once there all removed place them in a bowl and toss with the fresh Parmesan. 

   Place a scoop of rice on plate then place a piece of chicken on top of rice,  add the brussel sprouts and wah-lah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment